I enjoyed private practice for over 15 years and have been involved in the eating disorder community for over 20 years. My goal is to bring to the local community the most recent information about eating disorders. To that end, I give presentations, trainings and talks to local health care providers, schools and to the public.
In the worldwide eating disorder community, I value sharing what I have learned over the past 15 years. Some of my favorite recent activities include:
- Development of professional trainings for the State of Oregon /Oregon Health Alliance and Douglas County System of Care
- Serving as Director of the Disordered Eating & Eating Disordered subunit of Scan (Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition) from July 2012 to June 2015
- Serving as a co-chair of the special interest group on Family Based Treatment for the International Academy for Eating Disorders
- Contributing 3 years of volunteer work as a moderator on the www.FEAST-ED.org forum. Currently a professional adviser to FEAST
- Serving as co-chair and chair of the Special Interest Group on eating disorders for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Serving as a member of the FEAST/AED task force on medical education and as a professional advisor to FEAST-ED.org
- I am currently a member of the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals and past Credentialing Chair of the Oregon chapter of that association.
- In 2015 I was appointed by the Academy for Eating Disorders to serve as a member of their Medical Care Standards Committee
- Member of the Experts by Experience Committee for the Academy for Eating Disorders
- Member of the iaedp Excellence in Practice Committee
- Obtaining a Health Transformation grant from the Samaritan Health Transformation team in 2016 to train health care providers about eating disorders
- Part of the AED Nutrition Working Group that authored the first AED Nutrition Guidelines in 2020.
- Member of the AED Climate Change task Force
- Member of the IAEDP/AED/WNS Eating Disorder Treatment Facilitator Task Force
- One of the original Co-Chairs of the AED Family Based Treatment Special Interest Group