Private Nutrition Consulting
The prospect of you, your child, or another family member being diagnosed with an eating disorder can be frightening and confusing. Often, people are given conflicting information, adding to the confusion.
Willamette Nutrition Source, is a private nutrition consulting business. I specialize in medical nutrition therapy for eating disorders including: anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorders, eating disorders not otherwise specified (EDNOS), and ARFID.
I work with children, adolescents and college aged young adults who are working with their families or a strong social support network and with families on meal issues with their children and I help families decide if there is a problem with their child’s eating habits or food intake.
I am also available for consultations and training.
Where to Turn
If you have a loved one with an eating disorder, I can provide you with:
- Up-to-date and factual information about eating disorders
- Treatment options as part of a multidisciplinary team that includes your medical and mental health providers
- Information about how you can support a person diagnosed with an eating disorder
- An environment that is compassionate and understanding
Eating Disorder Recovery is Possible
Research shows that eating disorders are not a personal or a lifestyle choice; they have a strong genetic and biological component and treatment can be effective. I believe that eating disorders are best overcome with social support and, in the case of pediatric patients, the family.
Focus and Area of Specialty
- Eating disorders in children, adolescents, and young adults who are working with family or a social support network
- Eating issues in children and family meal issues
- Parent Support groups
- Continuing medical education, nutrition counseling, and intervention and training for other health care professionals related to nutrition
- Coordination of outpatient care with a treatment team
- Support for those returning to their community from residential programs